Tuesday 12 May 2009

Caught Reading - 1

I have decided to write a little about the books that I am reading and probably update a review once I finish the book. Hope I follow it through till the end. Books are my best friends for the moment (apart from IPL) and once the reading begins I transport myself into another world. Nothing can distract me, as I read the scene unfolds in my head like a movie. No wonder that the movies adapated from books dont thrill me so much due to high expectations(The Harry Potter series, Da Vinci code, hoping to catch the Angels and Demons in the cinemas...hope its does some justice to the book)...

Currently I am hooked on to John Grisham's 'The Appeal' .Having almost reached halfway through the book, the journey so far has been interesting. The book is for those who like legal thrillers. I love books that have anything to do with crime, a shot of thrill, adventure, mystery, the Indian authors and must confess that I also like those girly fictions (not the M&B's) like the Shopaholic series, Marian Keyes and etc.etc... Please suggest some titles for me to embark on in the future.

Coming back to the book, Its a story that in a way has its base line adapted from the movie Erin Brockovich, the fight between a cancer stricken county and a Chemical giant. How the Chemical giant plays and tries to resurrect his company with the aid of the Supreme Court appeal, even after being proved guilty by the jury is the story. I am hoping it will have a unexpected end to it. Happy reading everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Try False Impression by Jeffrey Archer...

    Priya(gowri akka sent me a link to u'r blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks akka.. I will definitely read the suggested book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grisham?
    Horrible, Stick to Archer and the such.
    :D

    ReplyDelete

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape