Monday 27 April 2009

Grass is always greener on the other side..

A friend of mine casually asked me if I miss work? At that instant I could not process all my feelings in to a short sentence. I fumbled for a compromising answer and conveniently changed the subject. After the conversation the question kept circling in my head and I actually made an effort to think it through.

I must admit I miss work quite a lot. More than the work itself, I think I missed being a professional and getting a paycheck at the end of every month. The Starbucks coffee , the Pret a manger yogurt , a warm croissant from the french bakery nearby contributed to a perfect start for my day. Morning meetings, working under pressure , lunches spent gossiping about the other colleagues, trying to be awake at 3 pm with a strong dose of caffeine, looking forward to the wrapping up session, getting home and making a half attempt to cook (most of the times decide to get a takeaway) and slopping in to the bed with a book or a movie. It was the same routine and then looking forward to the weekends and occasional long weekends was so much more exciting.

However having said that there are umpteen number of days where I have wished and longed for being able to sit at home and do nothing at all. Now when I actually get to do it, I long for me to get a job and work long hours. Do we ever want one thing!! life would be so much simpler otherwise..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape