Friday 17 April 2009

IPL - It is back!!

Schooldays vividly bring me back to the times where me and my brother would spend long hours watching cricket matches (even during my exams). There was tension in the air accompanied by loud sighs during wickets and bangs on the table for any joyous moment. I always enjoyed the ODI's (One Day International's) and only caught up with the highlights for the Test matches. Somehow did not have the patience to sit and watch the snail paced innings. So much was the love for cricket that I even decided to go for a cricket match at MA Chidambaram stadium, Chennai for a ODI between India and New Zealand. I was all geared up with sketched out plans to rush on to the door step of the dressing room to get an autograph from Sachin but sadly the play was stopped midway due to rains and I got back empty handed. I loved Sachin Tendulkar, he was always my favourite, didnt really matter if he hit a century or was out without any run!

It was all well and good until the time when they brought in the Set top boxes.. We did not get the sports channel under the 'free view' and somehow I did not notice the lack of interest I had for the game until it was too late, it just died a natural death without any pain and suffering. Even with no interest in the game I continued to like Sachin (there was no dearth of him in the Television ads).

Then came the IPL, I was blown over by the game yet again. I loved the fast paced, action packed games. I loved the fact that all the biggies of the International cricket played against each other on one big stage. Most of all I loved the time period involved in watching those games. It was like watching a block buster movie, 3 hours of sheer bliss. Fave cricketing heroes battling it out on the ground, adrenaline charged audience, Shahrukh Khan, Preity Zinta, Katrina Kaif and many more celebrities playing the supporting roles and not to mention the freqent appearances of fours and Sixes (some would not fail to mention the sexy cheerleaders and their moves!!)... It has definitely suceeded in getting me hooked to the game. Tomorrow the heat is on once again and IPL makes a comeback. I was hoping it will be played in England so that we could catch a match or two but sadly it is being played in South Africa. Anyways as long as S subscribes for the Setanta sports I have no problem. It is going to be amazing to see the international crowd cheering for Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals, Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, Delhi Daredevils, Kings XI Punjab, Deccan Chargers and Royal Challengers Bangalore. Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape